Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wordless/Wordful Wednesday - Minerva Louise

I know another chicken post BUT we do like our chickens and this was just too cute!

This is Jacob holding Minerva Louise! Yes, He can just pick her up and carry her around. He does it all the time!!!
Rick also likes to carry her around and she just does not seem to care!
Minerva Louise was one of our first chickens, the one and only hen out of ten chickens we bought at first!! Funny story! She lays the nicest little pink egg!!
And then yesterday Rick was walking around the driveway in his diaper, mud boots, carrying a chicken ... I just burst out laughing to myself!!!! What a sight!

A magical day to you!

I participate in Wordful Wednesday sponsored by
SevEn cLoWn CirCus


Check out the Wordless Wednesday HQ!

You may also like these:





Mom Blogs



23 comments:

Wicked Step Mom said...

And now, I can see the love of having chickens. Before, I just didn't get it...

Kris said...

Minerva Louise - I love the name! How ever did you come up with that?

Amy said...

Her name comes from a book: A Hat for Minerva Louise by Janet Morgan Stoeke.

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

(the last one) at least he had his boots on!!

do you only use the chickens for laying purposes?

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL What a sight indeed :) I love these photos :)

Happy Wednesday!

Amy said...

Yes only for eggs! And we have some in the incubator right now!

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Wonderful pictures!! My hubby and his 3 brothers grew up on a farm!

Cassie said...

Very nice photos! Happy WW!

Muthering Heights said...

Pink eggs? That's cool!

Tricia said...

I have to show these pictures to Aaron so he'll stop worrying that your chickens will chase him. That picture of Rick at the bottom deserves a frame...and don't forget to pull it out again on his wedding day, just for fun :o)

Cascia said...

That is cute! I couldn't imagine raising chickens. Some of our neighbors have chickens but I think our cats would try to pick a fight with them or maybe eat them if we had chickens. I love your photos.

Cecily R said...

That last picture is PRICELESS. A framer for sure!!

Kaycee said...

That last one is perfect! Good for you remembering to pull out the camera.

Amy McMean a.k.a McSunshine said...

Cool pictures. I love the last one. How cool.

JessNBP said...

AWESOMENESS!!

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

LOL...Love the chicken catching attire! Too cute

Sara Bonds said...

I love all of the pictures, but the last one is GREAT! It is so cute. Standing there in undies, boots, and holding a chicken. Too too cute.

Happy WW from Sara @ the Mostly Wordless Wednesday H.Q.!

angie said...

Oh my goodness. These chicken pictures are beyond cute!

Sue said...

Wow cool shots! Esp. the last one that is too funny.

Thanks for sharing. Happy WW!

HeatherPride said...

That last picture is a total classic!! Love it!

Kris said...

Hey I left an award for you on my blog at lilyslicorice dot blogspot dot com

Night Owl Mama said...

LOL luv the look on your little guys face in the last pic too funny

Sara Bonds said...

There is an award waiting for you at my latest blog entry :o)

http://www.ordinaryandawesome.com/2009/05/tgif-randomness.html