Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!!

YES, today is my birthday ... and so I am a year older! I am okay with that, I have never worried about my age. If there is one certain in this world it is that we are all aging, why fight it?

With my children the tradition is on their birthday we tell the story of their birth. This is fun for all, I love remembering the birth of my children and they love hearing about it!!!

This morning I realized I know very little about the day I was born. I know that my mom was young, scared and one of the nurses was not very kind BUT that is it ... I don't know who was there, who came to visit, how my mom felt, or any of those little details that I cherish so much from each of my children's births. So today I am going to ask my mom!

Does your family have any birthday traditions?

I am off to have a family day, my favorite!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

12 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Happy Birthday!! It's my hubby's birthday, too. No traditions here, really, although his Mom makes his favorite meal- we're going over there tonight!

Steph

Wicked Step Mom said...

Happy Birthday!


Does hiding under a rock count as a birthday tradition?

Mon said...

HAPPY DAY of BIRTH Amy!!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Our birthday tradition is, whoever's birthday it is picks the dinner and the cake type. AND, we eat leftover birthday cake for breakfast til it's gone. YUM! It's SO MUCH FUN!

HeatherPride said...

I hope you post your mom's response! And happy birthday!

Tricia said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday to you!!! I hope you have a wonderful, fun day full of laughter and hugs.

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

Happy birthday!!

My husband and I don't really have any birthday traditions. One of the things we're looking forward to about having this baby is forging new traditions, blends between his family and mine, for birthdays and other families. I love the birth story idea!

angie said...

Happy BIRTHDAY AND Mother's Day.

Staci said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope it was a great one!

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Amy,

Happy birthday one day late. I like your tradition and I'm going to ask my mother to tell me the story about the day I was born. I have been meaning to write the stories down for my children regarding their births and I never thought about just telling them too. I know they will enjoy hearing the story about themselves.

Cascia said...

Happy Birthday to you! It looks like we share the same birthday. Mine was May 11 too. I hope you had a good one!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

Oh Happy Belated Birthday!!

We MUST all be together for birthdays - that is my only wish!!