Sunday, May 24, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy ...

So I have completely neglecting Blogland lately, I have been trying to get around and at least read every ones posts but commenting has been little and it has been a week since I have posted. I have composed many posts in my head, now if they will ever get posted is another question!

With the help of many I am working on my new blog ... I had many intentions of updating my blog with the birth of Willy, the debut of Six Flower Mom is just lagging behind ... but it is up and coming soon - I will be moving to Wordpress and have some fun things happening around here ... YEAH!

But this is a glimpse of how my day was yesterday ... so blogging just does not always fit in!

5:00am - up and dressed!
  • Nurse Willy
  • Wake up Jacob because he wants to go with me
  • Move Caitlyn into my bedroom in case anyone else wakes while I am gone!
5:30am - Bring Dan to work, as we sold the truck last week (another story)
  • Drop Dan off 6am
  • Stop at grocery store
  • Home at 7:10am to Caitlyn, Rick and Sam already up
Lots to do before we have to be pulling out of the driveway at 9:00am
  • Breakfast: English muffins with cream cheese, peanut butter, raspberry jam & orang juice
  • Made banana muffins for baseball bake sale (3 dozen regular & 4 dozen mini)
  • Clean up dishes, no dishwasher here!
  • Laundry - 1 load wash and hang out
  • Nurse Willy
  • Email a couple inquires about trucks on Craigslist - typing one handed while nursing
  • Sam & Willy diapers changed & dressed
  • Help Rick with night, night diaper, pee on potty, get dressed
  • Encourage teen girls to get ready quickly
  • Send girls to feed the foster kitties & boys the chickens
  • Pack diaper bag
  • Pack baseball stuff: glove, hat, water bottles
  • Pack entertainment for little ones at baseball game
  • Shower, dress, brush, etc... myself ... with only 15 minutes left
  • Google map directions I need
9:03am - everyone loaded, pulling out of driveway
  • Drop muffins off at bake sale
  • Go to my bank - one side of town
  • Park to nurse Willy who has decided he is starving
  • Go to post office to mail Mamarazzi's My Favorite Thing Swap Package (more to come on this)
  • Go to another bank - other side of town - to pay my rent (I just make a deposit for my landlord who lives out of town, works for both of us)
  • Stop at lawn sale (because really that is what I want to do today)
  • Arrive at field for baseball at 10:30am
Watch baseball game, it was warm and nice and they played well. Will slept in the sling as long as I did not sit down but that is okay because all Sam wanted to do was run every where! Several trips to the potty with Rick (who is doing great with the potty training), a melty messy popsicle, and some cheering for the great players and we made it through baseball!

About 12:45pm - in the car, everyone buckled, air conditioning on ... nap time for the little ones.
Off to run errands (no Rick not Aaron, we are not going to see Aaron:)
  • Stop at house, all kids stay in car, check email to see if anyone from Truck search on Craigslist has responded, mommy use restroom (a necessity sometimes)
  • Pick up a box of glasses and such from Freecycle
  • Go to Chick-Fil-A drive through
  • Nurse Willy
  • Stop at Target to get some outside water toys and baseball bat for Jacob - all 6 kids in Target!!!!!
  • Use restroom, change diapers, everyone pee ... yeah
4:30pm - Home again, home again, jiggity jig
  • Quick clean up from the whirl wind this morning
  • Nurse Willy
  • Clean out car
  • Remove tick from Rick's head -- YEAH
  • Explain why we remove ticks, why we watch for ticks, assure children that they are not going to fall over dead the instant a tick gets near!
  • Kids prepare for water play with their new toys - yes water guns - how else can they squirt each other without running the hose nonstop?
  • Sent a couple more truck inquires & read a couple blogs
5:45pm - Oh my, I have to go get Dan ... what is for dinner?????
  • Load Sam & Willy - others will wait here at the house as they are soaken wet and having fun!
  • Stop to get gas, as my gas light came on as I pulled out of the driveway
6:30pm - pick up Dan - yeah I have help!
  • Stop at store to get something for dinner
7:30pm - home again, home again jiggity jig
  • Girls feed & water kittens, boys chickens
  • Collect eggs
  • Grab clothes off line
  • Clean our litter cats box
  • Nurse fussy Willy
  • Fix dinner: Big Chef Salads, Watermelon, Fresh Veggies & dip - whatever else the kids want for left overs
  • Dan walks fussy Willy
  • Eat ... yummy & Chat: Ally is trying to convince us that we need to adopt one of the foster kitties, Cloud Tail, she says she will take care of him and get a job to pay for everything
  • Clean up some dishes
  • Dan showers
  • Get night, night diapers on Willy, Sam and Rick
  • Nurse Willy
  • Quick tidy
10:00pm - Off to bed: hugs, kisses, & lights out!

Oh Wait - 11:00pm - children with coughing and runny noses ... water needed, some homeopathic tabs for cough and off to bed again!

How do all you wonderful bloggers find time?

14 comments:

Momma Miller said...

I've been in the same boat...except that I don't have 6 children. HA! I hardly have time to blog. I probably have 30 drafted posts and a zillion others in my head (and in my camera). But I barely have time to keep up READING everyone's blogs, much less writing my own.

I'd love to hear about your journey to Wordpress. What helped you make the decision to make the jump?

Tricia said...

I'm tired just reading this post. Our pool just opened and instead of continuing to argue with Rick that errands are different than Aaron, you could just come down, attach a floating device to each child so we at least know they're not drowning and you can take a nap while they play.

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Oh can I relate!! Lately all of my blog reading has been from my phone while I nurse Ivy. I haven't had time to do anything it seems!

Steph

Ailurophile said...

Oho you indeed have been quite busy. I blog once a week so it's somewhat easier for me. All the best with the move to Wordpress!

Heather @ Sugar N Spice Mostly Nice said...

WOW!! That is very much like my day, but I only have 3. How in the world do you do it?! I'm exhausted reading this and I'm heading to take a nap!! Thanks for squeezing me in your day, I dropped your off Saturday. I'm sooo excited!!

Wicked Step Mom said...

I need nap just thinking about your day. Geez!!

I manage to always get a little blogging in. I think of it as "me" time.

Shan said...

Man, I have 4 and your day exhausts me.
As for blogging, nap time. I try to be home during naps cause everyone sleeps better in their own beds, and I get some blogging done then. Or early morning...or when nursing the baby.
Speaking of...I think he is calling me...

angie said...

You are So busy. I can relate. Except no nursing here. :) Hope you get some good sleep.

McFadden Family said...

My hat is off to you! Sounds like a busy life, but somehow you manage to get it done with grace and excellence.

Shawn said...

I'm freaking exhausted!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

No nursing babies is my secret!

MiMi said...

Alright, I'm tired out after reading this post! :)
Macey
You are too cute! And busy. How do you handle it? : )

Amy McMean a.k.a McSunshine said...

WOW! Thats crazy.

P.S.
Thanks for reminding I have to pay my rent also :)

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

Wow! That is a seriously one busy schedule. I'm officially never allowed the complain again. lol