Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wordful Wednesday - Trigger!

Please say hello to Trigger, he is a greyhound that my Uncle and Aunt have adopted!!! He is the third greyhound that they have adopted.
I always thought that greyhounds were a very high maintenance dog BUT let me tell you, these pups are great! They like to run fast but for a short amount of time and they like to lay around on the softest thing they can find all the rest of their day!
Here is Trigger in his new bed, complete with pillows, blanket and a stuffed animal! This is a typical scene at my Uncle and Aunts house. These pups are spoiled! They just adopted Trigger and he is just settling in so nicely. He had been at the kennel for over a year, why you may ask? because he is so BIG!!! Here he is next to JoLo who until seeing this picture I thought was a big dog!
And so she does not feel left out, here is Lulu and her name is very fitting!
There are many greyhound rescue groups. In Vermont you can look here! They are sweet and fun animals. And around this house they are loved and spoiled!

A magical day to you!

I participate in Wordful Wednesday sponsored by
SevEn cLoWn CirCus


Check out the Wordless Wednesday HQ!

You may also like these:





Mom Blogs


12 comments:

Sara Bonds said...

I love love love the picture of you doggy laying in bed with a baby. Ours does that too.

Happy WW! Mine is at : http://ordinaryandawesome.blogspot.com/search/label/WW

Mon said...

I always love to hear of a dog been adopted. Brilliant. And yes, very spoiled, lol.

Hootin' Anni said...

Hello Trigger!!!! You're handsome as all get out.

My W W is posted if you'd like to join me. But, the photos aren't of the best quality today [you'll be able to view them better by clicking on them to open in a new window]...I had to photograph them through the dining room window this time!!

Debra-Dawn said...

they do seem like such nice dogs...

there are a few in town here and they seemto walk really nice beside their owners...

:)

Wicked Step Mom said...

Man! I don't even get tucked in with a blanket and stuffed animal!

Tricia said...

How wonderful that Trigger has a forever family. He's a very handsome lad with a gorgeous sister, it's no wonder their spoiled.

With the current state of the economy, so many shelters are overflowing as people have to relinquish pets they can no longer afford to care for. Even more than normal, many shelters are in need of foster families, adoptive families and just basic supplies.

shopannies said...

great pictures my mother in law would have loved them and probably would of tried to befriend them all

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

that is one big skinny dog

Nydia said...

Awwww ... they're sooo cute! I wish I could rescue myself some Greyhounds ... I have a rescue dog -- a Border Collie ... I got her when she was 7 little weeks old ... she'll be 12 yrs old next week and is as high octane hyper as she was at 7wks old ...

Great Wordle, btw ... thanks for joing my Wordle Wednesdays ... I'm working on a button for it ...

angie said...

Do you visit mama Kat? She did a trial adoption on a grey hound awhile back....:)

Mama Kat said...

They are the BEST dogs!! We fostered ours and the girls talk about him STILL. I'm thinking of fostering again, it's a great way to learn to care for an animal without the longterm comittment...I don't think we're quite there yet!

Muthering Heights said...

He's so cute!