Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday Thirteen - Life

In dwelling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don't try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

- Tao Te Ching
I am not sure where I found this but I like it very much. So I thought I would shape me Thankful Thursday Thirteen around it.
  • I am thankful for access to so much information, such as the above quote.
  • I am thankful for a roof over my head.
  • I am thankful for the food on our table
  • And in our cupboard.
  • I am thankful that I have the ability to think
  • And learn.
  • I am thankful that I can feel
  • And express my feelings.
  • I am thankful for the work that Dan has.
  • I am thankful I have choices.
  • I am thankful for my family, every moment - good and bad!
  • I am thankful for being able to take this advice (and other advice)
  • Or not.
A Wonderful Peaceful Day to you!

Sponsored by:




7 comments:

Wicked Step Mom said...

Thank you for the quote, I am definitely keeping that one.

And in the spirit of your post, I am thankful for family dinner together every night.

FrankandMary said...

I might not like it sometimes when my emotions overrule my intellect, but I am also very thankful I can feel and express my feelings. I think some people who medicate(whether legally or not so) themselves a bit too much not to have to "feel" have got it all wrong.....WE NEED to feel to truly be alive. ~Mary

Tricia said...

Great list. We all "know" to be thankful for the simple pleasures but I think we forget to translate the idea from our heads to our hearts. It's good to be reminded.

HeatherPride said...

That really IS a great quote. I wish I could find some work that I enjoy!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

that was quite lovely dear girl!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

So many good things...

Steph

Tricia said...

I am thankful for coffee and chocolate. does that count?