Thursday, March 19, 2009

Theatrical Thursday

Children's Theatre of Knoxville holds workshops in which students learn about creative dramatics in a practical setting: they rehearse and present a short 20-minute play!
The Teenagers Imagi-Stage class recently performed an adaptation of O. Henry's classic suspense story "The Last Leaf." Caitlyn Lemmon plays Miss Joanna, and Stephanie Spoon plays her roommate Miss Sue. Seth Roseman plays the girls' lifelong friend Rand. Belle Forrester plays the artist Miss Louisa, and Courtney Kelley plays the pivotal role of Dr. Mary McMillen.
Caitlyn did a wonderful job, as did all these teens. I am just amazed at what they can accomplish in just five weeks.
Bravo to all of these up and coming dramatic performers!!!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

How exciting!! I'm sure Caitlyn was absolutely wonderful and I'd love to see one of her performances. The Arts are so important.

Mon said...

That's so great, to have such things available for young people. I love to hear this.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Ohhh being on stage is such an empowering experience for children. That adrenaline rush performing.. oh it brings back such memories. :)

HeatherPride said...

Cool!! I think it's great to get kids on the stage. Such an opportunity!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

oh this is fantastic - I just saw a summer program for my kids ag and i asked my two oldest if they wanted to try it - 101 dalmations - they both said no - I was so bummed!