Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday - A Mess Of Thoughts!

In the wee hours of the night, last night, I sat thinking about all the things that I needed to do ... laundry, dishes, sweeping, write something on my blog. February was a tough month and I had hoped that March would be much easier. As I have mentioned we have all been sick here ... we spent the better part of February dealing with nasty colds (possible whooping cough) and thought we were all on the mend, just in time for the new little one to join us. Then we were hit again, this time with a nasty, nasty flu/cold thing that has has knocked us all down.

Yesterday, I spent the whole day with a fever of 104, headache, chills, and miserable. The kids have been up coughing and feverish, Dan has been sick and the 'to do list' was getting longer and longer. So, as I was saying in the wee hours of the night, as I sat nursing Sam who had been up coughing and cuddling Willy who had just gone back to sleep, I was feeling quite overwhelmed. The tears streamed down my face and I just said a little prayer that the illness that has taken over our house would go away and that I could sleep -- FOR JUST A FEW HOURS!!!!

Today, as I am feeling a little better, the sun is shining and a few things on the to do list has been done, I said to Dan ... "This is not what I planned." As Willy will probably be our last baby, I had hoped for the perfect birth and then Dan was going to be home, family would visit and all would be well ... unfortunately here we are, Willy is three weeks old and we have all been sick since his birth. BUT then I got to thinking that it could be worse ... we have a wonderful family, we are on the mend and life will go on ... so I should just stop complaining! Or at least be thankful for all the precious people around me and things that I have.

So on this day I am just going to say that I am very thankful for the many people in my life that make it so wonderful! Thank you all for your kindness.



2 comments:

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

I *completely* understand. I'm not sure what happened with this last one, but man oh man I feel kicked in the teeth. And just when you think you're out of the woods, you go down and get smacked around again. Man! We've been around the block a few times too, eh? You'd think this would be easy?

*huge hugs* I'm so sorry to hear everyone is sick. One of the downsides to big families is that we all get sick together, and that's a lot of sickies to get well, you know?

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

oh - it is soooooooo tough the first month - just let everything go - all will work out girlie!! Why are you sick - it is just the flu? You dont' have clogged ducts do you?