Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It has been a challenging couple of weeks. My two littlest guys have been sick (a very good chance it was Whooping Cough) and things have just been hectic. Some of my beliefs have been challenged by others and even worse by MYSELF. I am very happy to report that it seems to be settling down but during this time it has really made me think about some things that I am thankful for. So here is my list of Thankful Thirteen for this week, again in no particular order!



1. I am thankful that my children are starting to feel better.
2. I am thankful for my families health, in general we are all very healthy.
3. I am thankful or information and the technology to gather it ... I have spent many hours reading books, scanning the internet and on the phone to gather information.
4. I am thankful for the people around me who offer advice, even when it seems that I am not listening.
5. I am thankful for kind people willing to help.
6. I am thankful for modern medicine, for when it is needed.
7. I am thankful for naturopathic medicine for when it is right for us.
8. I am thankful for CHOICES, and the knowledge to exercise these choices.
9. I am thankful that I stayed true to my and my family beliefs through my children's illness - this was very difficult at times but I feel that it was the right thing to do.
10. I am thankful for my family, friends and bloggy friends who check in on me when I seem to disappear.
11. I am thankful for modern technologies such as washing machines, ours sure has got its use through this illness!
12. I am thankful for the sunshine that has dried my clothes this week and made it possible for us to open up the house and get a breath of fresh air.
13. I am thankful for my husband and children, they are my life and they are what make me happy to wake up in the morning and tired to go to sleep at night.

So what are you thankful for, even if you do not post about it, take a minute to think about it. There are so many wonderful things in this world and if we stop and think about them, they can bring a smile to our faces and a warmth to out heart! To read some more Thankful Thirteen head over to Crazy Adventures in Parenting, Lisa always has a wonderful post!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

What a great list. It's really nice to take time to write down some of the things we're thankful for, I think it does help to remind us.

Glad to hear the boys are feeling better, and I hope you've been able to get some sleep!

HeatherPride said...

I'm thankful that your family is getting healthy again!!

Denise said...

Very nice blessings.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

You are so sweet :)

How are things today? I think of you every day, eager to hear about your newest bundle of joy :) I hope all is well!