I actually have been hoping to do this for months now but have found it to be so overwhelming ... when I sit down to think about what I am thankful for, my brain starts to run into chaos ... the bottom line is that I have so much that I am so thankful for that I am having a hard time composing a nice neat list. So here is a list of thirteen (because it starts with 'T', matching Thursday). And as Dear Uncle Michael has requested that Thursday be a special day, I am dedicating this Thankful Thursday Thirteen to him ...
Dear Uncle Michael - these are in random order as my chaos brain sets them free!
1. I am thankful that he cares enough to read my blog!
2. I am thankful that last winter in a time of need he welcomed our family (kids & cats included) into his home for several months.
3. I am thankful that he has brought joy and happiness to my Aunts life.
4. I am thankful that my children had a chance to get to know him better.
5. For that matter, I am thankful that I was able to get to know him better.
6. I am thankful that he liked my cooking because it was the least I could do as we took over his house.
7. I am thankful that he helped my children have a winter that they will NEVER forget, complete with tractor rides, snow forts and love.
8. I am thankful for his sense of humor.
9. I am thankful for his wise advice, some taken, some not (and his respect for my choice).
10. I am thankful for his challenging questions and thoughts that makes me think and provides learning to our family homeschooling.
11. I am thankful that he has a big caring heart.
12. I am thankful for his personal firework displays, that makes a ten year old's tears flow with joy.
13. I am thankful that he is my Dear Uncle Michael, a part of my family!