Monday, February 16, 2009

"I Do Count"

So I thought I would share this funny little story. Saturday night we had a family game night. Grandma is here visiting so it has been lots of fun to pull out games and just laugh and have fun as a family.

The game of choice was Cranium's Family Fun, we always have so much fun with this game. So as we sat at the table setting up the board, the kids are trying to figure out the teams ... we want it to be fair and as there is some reading and writing required, we must pair the little ones on teams with older ones!!! So as the debating progressed, the conversation went like this:

Mommy: "We need to put the littlier ones on teams with an adult to help them out."
Caitlyn (14 year old): "Rick, is too little he does not count."
Mommy: Flashes a look of 'please be nice'!
Rick (3 year old) says in a very big voice: "I do count, Caitlyn. One. Two. Three. Four."

Oh yeah, it was cute! And guess whose team won both games?

2 comments:

~ April ~ said...

That is *so* cute!

I love the cranium games. I can't wait until our little ones are old enough to play.

And sure, feel free to post the recipe with a link. :) I'll have to go check out your recipe blog. It's always great to know a dish has been "parent/kid" tested before making it. :)

Tricia said...

I just want to hug Rick, he's so adorable. This is as cute of a story as when he told his dad he was his moon.