Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historical Day & Sick Kids

Today our country celebrates the inauguration of our 44th president. I have chose to avoid the politics of the election on my blog as there are so many thoughts, ideas and opinions and I just did not want to go there BUT regardless who you support, your beliefs, ideas, etc ... today is a part of history.

So as all my children woke up with slight fevers, runny noses and low energy we are planted with pillows, blankets, water and juice in front of the fire and TV watching the historical events. There is a part of me that is glad that we are all here watching because as it may not be important to my children today, I believe that it is something they will remember forever.

So here is to getting well, as a family and as a nation.

6 comments:

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

hear hear!!

HeatherPride said...

Beautifully put, and I hope you (and we!) all feel better soon!

Tricia said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon. I watched with Aaron and tried to impart the significance. I'm sure he didn't 'get it', but he was very impressed with all the people waving American flags.

goodfather said...

Well said! I hope you all feel better.

Asha said...

My kids were sick too!! Hope everyone is better in your house. Oh I have no secret for keeping the headbands in place. I wish I did. :)

intelligence said...

hermes birkin bag
hermes birkin
hermes bag
hermes handbags
gucci handbags