Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 - A New Year, A Year For My Family

I would like to start with a HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! I truly hope that your year is filled with much happiness and kindness! As many do this time of year I have been reflecting on the past year and thinking about the year to come. In years past I have always set some goals for the year, loose weight, eat better, be more organized, do not procrastinate as much, volunteer more, exercise, etc, etc... These are all great things. And some years they happen and some they do not. Well, this year I have taken a different approach to my goals for 2009.

Here is a little history: the past three years have been busy to say the least, actually as far back as I can remember, it seems that each year is just filled with 'stuff'! Here is a quick highlight of some of the chaos n 2008 (including the last part of 2007):

Our fifth child was born.
Two days later signed papers on sale of our house.
Moved into horrible rental with a landlord that could care less if we had heat despite the below zero weather.
Meanwhile finishing a semester of college.
Moved quickly (everything into storage, living with family) - a wonderful time of bonding with my aunt and uncle that are angels in my eyes!
Moved to a great rental with wonderful landlords!
To our much surprise found out we were expecting bundle number six.
Dan's excepts a new job, 1000 miles away!
Move to Tennessee - live in hotel for a few weeks, get settled at new house.
Here I am - there are so many things in between, friends, family, homeschooling, picnics, baking, cleaning, laundry, car repairs, laughter, tears, etc...

This year has been full of moves, change and just a lot of chaos so for 2009 I am planning to slow down. My hope for the coming year is to make this the year for my family. Hey, they deserve it and so do I! I have a wonderful husband and five (soon to be six) beautiful children and I want to devote this year to them ... not cleaning my house, not making a million, not even getting more organized (which I really should do) but to being a wife and mom. Let me make myself clear though I have no desire to be a wife and mom with the perfectly manicured house and the schedule which requires a computer calendar program to keep track of ... my plan is to be a mom that sits on the floor and plays with her children. These are a few of the things that I want to do more:

Play - with my children whether is be driving cars in the mud, UNO, or whatever it is that my kids want to do but I want to join them

Hugs and loves - Last night as I drifted o to sleep I realized that I had not hug my older girls good night, as always I went to the door and said "good night, I love you" BUT that is not enough I want to hug them and show them that I love them, each and every day!

Time Management - I want to stop worrying about whether there will be enough time to get everything on my list done today and instead spend more time with my children. When they want to play a game, chat or go to for a walk, I want to go ... I want to make them wait for my time less!

I have really thought a lot about my priorities and I have decided that I just want to enjoy my children! I want to watch them, nurture them and be their mom -- all the rest will fall into place!

So here is to family traditions - new and old, happiness, kindness and love, all mixed up with a little magic! Happy New Year and may the new year help bring all your hopes, wishes and dreams come true!


6 comments:

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Happy New Year honey! :)

Tricia said...

Happy, Happy New Year! Your resolution sounds wonderful and I'm sure you'll make it happen.

Tricia said...

Happy New and thanks for the comment!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Wow- so so much in a year. I wish you a very happy one this year!

Steph

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

oh my - what a year!!!

God Bless you!

Happy New Year!

ps - I looked and I only have 2 carriers left - not too comfortable - I don't know what happened to the others??? I think hubs tossed.

SmallWorld at Home said...

I saw your introduction on the kids' club loop and just wanted to say welcome to the area to a fellow blogger!