Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wordless(Ful) Wednesday - Kittens











Over the years we have fostered many kittens in our house. My children love it. They get to have kittens around and play with them! This was our first Foster mommy, Giselle. It was almost five years ago when the Humane Society called and said they had a mommy who was expecting and needed a home for her until her kittens were born and old enough to be adopted. My children were so excited!

Giselle became a part of our family and the night her kittens were born was long, tiring and quite amazing. The children were just tickled. This was an experience that brought much happiness but also the reality of life and death. When Giselle's kittens were only a few days old, one of them died. We all shed tears that day ... but we learned many life lessons through our fostering experiences and would not trade it!

Over the years we have fostered lots of pregnant moms, new borns, orphaned kitties, etc... It has brought much pleasure to our lives and to others who were able to adopt a healthy, well handled and playful kitten!

We adopted Giselle and she has become the Queen Cat around our house. I have always loved these pictures. Giselle was the best mommy.

A very magical day to you!

I participate in Wordful Wednesday sponsored by
SevEn cLoWn CirCus





25 comments:

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

I love the photos. The kitties are so cute.

jenn3 said...

Cute kittens.

Lorina said...

Kittens are so cute!

Mon (holistic mama) said...

Fostering animals is a great gift, to you and the animals! And what great life lessons for your chilren. These kittens are too cute.

angie said...

Now that's downright adorable!

Hootin' Anni said...

Cats Rule!!!! Sweet, sweet photos!!!!

Come see my Wordful Wednesday if you can find time!! It's a catghan!

Tricia said...

I love those photos, especially the one with all the kittens on top. What a sweet mommy and babies. Fostering animals is such a wonderful gift.

Susie said...

They are sooooooo cute!! You are lucky to have them in your house. I am deathly allergic so, I will just enjoy the pictures:-)

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

So completely adorable! We are getting our first kitten the 20th, any advice?

Brenda said...

Those cats are just adorable!

~ April ~ said...

absolutely adorable!! *wub*

Lori said...

Aw...really, really cute!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Gosh, that is the cutest thing. I would have sat there and stared forever. I had cats all my life up until the last 10 years.

Sue said...

Aww Cute photos. One of my cats growing up had tons of litters! We could never get her "fixed" in time. But we loved having the kitties for awhile. And a few died too. It was sad when that happened.

Thanks for stopping by mine. :)

Letti said...

Those pictures are precious. I love baby animals.

HeatherPride said...

I loved looking at Giselle and her darling babies!! How nice of you to foster these little guys and gals in your home!

Simply AnonyMom said...

Great pics! Love the learning experiences that the cat has taught your children. I remember breeding/raising puppies growing up and we got surely attached really quick.

A magical WW to you and thank you for stopping by.

3 Kids and Us said...

Those are such beautiful pictures!

HeatherY said...

Those are some cute kittens!

Jenni Jiggety said...

I cannot tell a lie...

I do not care for cats.

BUT!

Cute pictures...even though dogs are better. ;-D

sassy stephanie said...

Oh my girls are DYING for a cat!

Octamom said...

This is pretty much how I feel nursing the twins these days...I totally relate to the expression on your mama cat's face! ;o)

Blessings!

Tammy W said...

Adorable! I just posted our poor little kitty...he was attacked by a neighbors dog but still hanging in there 4 weeks later. It must be those nine lives!

JO said...

cutie!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Gabriel said...

Very cute pictures!!! Thanks for visiting my post.