Monday, December 1, 2008

New Years Resolution (just a little early)

Okay, so here I am a little early on this but I decided that I wanted to start now, so I am posting about it. As of recently it seems that I have been late with everything, so maybe this is a new leaf!!!

Steph over at Adventures in Babywearing, frequently seems to post thing that make me stop and appreciate what I have. She seems to just have a way with words, a great appreciation and love for her family and a kindness from within (stop over and check it out). In a post the other day she had this to say:
In that instant I felt that if this was it, if this was all there was to it- nothing more and nothing less- I am happy. I will take this. I am content.
I have decided to take this quote and post it around my house, in my car, on my blog, just anywhere ... I think it is beautiful. It touched me because I want to feel this way all the time. I want to be at a place in my life where if I just stop for a moment this is how I would feel.

I think I am a fairly optimistic person and think that over the past few years I have indeed become much closer to this feeling on a more regular basis BUT that is not enough. I want it all, and I know that I am the only one that can make it happen for ME. So as a 'New Years Resolution' starting right now, I am going to work on living my life HAPPY and no one can stop me!!! But please feel free to join me!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

It's a marvelous saying and a truly wonderful gift to give yourself. I think most of us spend so much time thinking about what's still to come rather than enjoying today and it often takes a tragedy to change our ways. I'm glad you're finding happiness without the tragedy.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

Yep - sounds like a good plan!

HeatherPride said...

Very nice! I do think that happiness for the most part is a choice.

Happy days to you!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I love your perspective!

Steph

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Way to go! I love it! Great plan!

Honey Mommy said...

AMEN!

We create our own happiness!