Friday, November 21, 2008

My New Shower Curtain



Okay, a new shower curtain ... I know to most of you this is probably not a big deal BUT to me it is!! I have never had a shower curtain that I love ... you see I seem to always find one that I love and then I look at the price tag and think OMGoodness!! I can not spend that much money on something that is going to hang in my bathroom and I am only going to see for a few minutes each day.



So for years, I have had cheap shower curtains that were okay or most recently just a plastic liner -- who really cares!!! Not like I really get any privacy anyways with all these kids, there is always someone flinging open the shower curtain while I am in there to ask a question or to tattle!



Well a very dear friend that I have known forever and yes I mean forever (her mom was my babysitter when I was only six weeks old) had sent me a picture of her bathroom many years ago and I LOVED her shower curtain. We had talked about it and she had told me how she had made it herself and it was nothing fancy! So when we moved into our new place I thought I would try to make one ... but I was thinking I would copy her idea ... SOOOO I asked her if she still had that picture she had sent me and she laughed and said she had no idea what I was talking about (it was many years ago now)! After some chatting she thought she had the shower curtain in a box (as she had just moved also) and was not going to use it. So she said she would mail it to me.



Well, she was not able to find it BUT being the most wonderful person that she is ... she made me one and it is so gorgeous. I love it! The problem is ... I just want to hang out in the bathroom all the time. The colors just make me smile and feel happy! I would have NEVER in a million years put these colors and patterns together but I just can not tell you how pretty it looks! It is just what I needed. My bathroom is small (no room for decorating) and this gives it the needed color and jazz (see those cute buttons) that I was hoping for.



So my dear friend, Terry, a huge THANK YOU! It is the best!!!!



The pictures just does not show it as wonderfully as I see it, the bathroom is so small it is hard to get a good picture! But I can assure you it is just magnificent!

8 comments:

Tricia said...

I love shower curtains for exactly the reasons you described. They really do brighten up a bathroom and make a house look so much more finished. It looks beautiful in your bathroom. What a wonderfully kind and generous gift from Terry. Not just that she sent you something that I'm sure you'll smile at for a long, long time, but that she took the time and obviously put lots of thought and energy into making it. It's really a friendship gift.

Rebecca Martin said...

I love that shower curtains. What a dear friend to make one for you.

HeatherPride said...

That is one cool shower curtain!! And I don't think you're weird for wanting to hang out in your bathroom. The last time I painted a bathroom I hauled a bottle of wine in there and sat on the floor and drank it whilst staring at my new, pretty paint. (um, is THAT weird?) (probably)

Mamarazzi said...

VERY pretty and unique!! love it!

Honey Mommy said...

Cute!

I hardly ever buy stuff like that either. Enjoy!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

very pretty - AND so nice!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Nice shower curtain!! Is it homemade? I would love to do something like this in my daughters bathroom.

Sheliza said...

how gorgeous! My daughters would love that because they LOVE lots of colors and patterns! Very, very cool!!