Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thank You & A Picture!


Good Morning (Afternoon or Evening, depending on when you are here) to everyone and thanks for stopping by. I have been so busy lately my blog has taken a back burner. So I wanted to post a little something to let everyone know how much I appreciate your checking in and please keep coming, I will get more organized and add more interesting things soon!

Here is a picture of us at our new house. I have to admit that I usually avoid pictures that I am in because I just do not photograph well but I thought this came out nice, for a spur of the moment, quick shot!

As I downloaded these pictures, I had a discovery ... see these big kids ... where did they come from? Where did my little kids go? When did I become a parent to children that are taller than me? Fourteen years ago when I discovered I was pregnant I did a lot of reading about children and I even took some Human Development classes, etc ... I was prepared for my babies! Somewhere along the way they have grown up, I am not sure I am prepared for adult children, which all of a sudden seems closer than I imagine.

Where did the time go? I guess as the old saying goes "Time flies when you are having fun." I guess we all should remember to cherish every moment with our children!

5 comments:

Lisa~Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Beautiful picture!

I am/was guilty of feeling the same way, hating how I looked in pictures, being the one behind the camera instead of in front of it. Then one day, I recall reading something somewhere one time where a mom avoided taking her picture because she didn't like the way she looked. Then the most horrible thing happened - she passed. And because her picture wasn't taken often, the kids didn't have much to carry with them to see her when they needed to. From then on, forget it. I make sure I'm in pictures with my family, so *just in case* that unthinkable ever happened, they wouldn't be left without any pictures of me.

Plus, I think its something special to have that one special picture with each child, framed, by their bedside, perhaps given as a special present. Just you and that child.

Anyways, now that I've rambled forever :) Enjoy the new house! Can't wait to see more!

Jen said...

Yay for new houses!! Gorgeous family!

Lorien B - Business Manager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

Big kids are so much fun, I promise. I know what you mean about time flying, and I wish it would crawl, but I also love it when my adult step children are with us and we get to have "real" conversations, debate politics, discuss the ins and outs of life from their 20-something perspectives. It's kind of like hitting the big pay off for changing all those diapers.

Daphne @ Greener Biener said...

You and I are on the same page today! I'm pathetically weepy, looking at how big my kids are. They are separate people, out there in the world. Time goes so fast. Congrats on the new house!