Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hotel Room Built for Three


Soon we we will be settling into our new house -- YEAH! Although I can not complain, we have lived quite nicely in our tiny little hotel room. I think the biggest issue has been cooking for seven in a kitchen designed for three!

Kitchen Inventory:
  • 1 eight inch skillet with lid
  • 1 two quart sauce pan with lid
  • 1 pizza pan
  • 1 spatula
  • 1 cutting board
  • 3 large dinner plates, 3 small dessert plates, 3 bowls
  • 3 coffee mugs, 3 plastic cups
  • 3 teaspoons, 2 tablespoons, 3 forks, 2 butter knives, 1 steak knife
  • 1 can opener (all metal hand held, one that makes you swear when you use it because it does not work)
So as I type this out my first thought is, "wow there is quite a bit" but oh yeah then I remember there is seven of us! So having a family meal has been interesting BUT we have been doing it, with a little creativity. I will say one thing clean up is easy, although I can honestly say that we dirtied every dish in the kitchen BUT as that only totals a few dishes it is okay!

1 comment:

Lisa~Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

I felt the same. We're a military family who moved recently from one state to the next and had to live in a hotel until we had housing secured in the new state/post. Wasn't easy, but we did it. I was so happy to have my house/kitchen back and cook good food once more! :)

Found you via Kidzarama. Loved your suggestion on her saving money post. Mind if I add you to my reading list?