Friday, August 29, 2008

Annoying Word Verification

Annoying word verifications, sometimes these are quite easy to read and have three to five letters,not too bad but lately they seem to be getting longer and more distorted! I spend quite a bit of time sitting here trying to figure out what the heck I should type in. It is like some awful high school test where you have to color in the circle to the correct answer and once you start there is no turning back ... I get all tense and what if I type in the wrong answer then it kicks back my comment -- AARRGGHH!!!

So I understand that these safety measures are for people who do not want automated comments on their blogs. I guess I do not have to worry about this as my blog only receives a few hits ... but does anyone else find these word verifications annoying? I am always happy when I can comment with out doing this awful test!

6 comments:

Jane @ Kidzarama said...

I feel the same way, Amy.
Word verification drives me insane!

And thank you so much for your support while I've been ill.
It's meant the world to me. :)

Tricia said...

That's kind of what I thought too, until I found out there are blog spammers. Who knew! People actually set up automated thing-a-ma-bobs to stack us poor bloggers and send nasty spam out into the blog world.

So...you just arrived in Knoxville...1,000 mile trip to your new city and you're blogging about word verification? Where are all the travel details? Have you learned to say Y'all yet?

Judy Haley (coffeejitters) said...

imagine what word verification does to the dyslexics among us

Wendy said...

And why are the letters always weird ones. Like q, z, and x? Not that there's anything wrong with being a q, z, or x. Just that my fingers have a hard time finding them. lol

angie said...

I find them WILDLY annoying. The bane of my blogging existence! :)

Jennifer said...

HATE THEM