Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fertile Mertle and Infertility

I will admit that I am new to the whole blogging sphere and sometimes I find myself lost as to where to look and where to go ... I have found several blogs that I really enjoy and visit regularly. I have also found several blogs that I do not enjoy and wonder why the heck they are so popular. I will be the first to admit that I do not know all the proper blog etiquette. I have tried to start leaving more comments because indeed is that not what people want, are comments! But recently I have found myself following a few blogs of women who are battling and/or finding peace with infertility ...

My heart goes out to these women, couples, and families who are trying to balance their lives around infertility. As I read these blogs I feel such compassion for these people but I always freeze when it comes time to comment ... infertility is not something that I have ever dealt with, matter-a-fact one of my very dearest friends, who has faced this battle refers to me as Fertile Mertle. It is true, I have five children and pregnant for number six.

I will never claim to know how infertility feels but I know that I have seen infertility take over someones life and despite a great battle, really consume every part of her being! I have also seen her survive and although I know there are still tough times she is a strong and wonderful person! I also know how important is was for me to have children . In high school while all my peers were planning college and careers, I was dreaming of marriage and children.

I would like to use this post to honor all the women, couples, and families who are battling infertility, my heart goes out to you and I send strength your way. I found this song very powerful, it makes me cry every time I listen to it.



I borrowed this song from Adventures of Baby Making, one of the blogs I have been lurking at but have not yet commented on because I just am not sure what to say. A few other blogs that I have been visiting are: Maybe If You Just Relax, Coming2Terms, and No Regrets. I am sure there are many other blogs, stories and just people who are battling infertility, this is for you too.

5 comments:

WickedStepMom said...

Thanks for sharing. It is a difficult topic for me because I can't have children either. But, I am lucky enough to be part of the lives of three amazing girls.

Tricia said...

Stop making me cry. You are Fertile Mertle, and I thank God every day that you are! You are the only person who can fall pregnant just thinking about it, I swear. One of the most difficult things for those of us in the IF world is that so few people in the fertile world actually take the time to feel any compassion at all, they don't take time to understand how the job of living can be so incredibly painful when you are in the midst of hopelessness in a world geared toward motherhood. Thank you for this post and for being a Fertile Mertle with the biggest, most sincere heart of anyone I know! When you have the genuine compassion in your heart that I know you do, your comments and concern will be welcome by those in the IF world. {{HUGS}}

PS: Brandygirl recently announced on her blog that after two years of TTC, she's pregnant. I have goosebumps for her!

Lost in Space said...

Thank you so much for this. Most people who don't have to be in the infertile world turn a blind eye so quickly. I can't say I blame them. It is not an upbeat and happy place to spend time. You have a compassionate, caring, and kind soul.

I really appreciate you stopping by and thank you for your supportive comments. All my best to you for a healthy pregnancy and happy family.

Tricia said...

Wow! I got a shout out on someones blog!! Cool! I think I have "made it"! (Seriously I just called my DH over and was like "Look someone mentioned me on the thier blog" LOL.. It is the little things)

Thanks for this post. I really appreciate your comment on my blog and your encouragement. It is nice to know that somone can have some compassion for what we are going through. So often we hear, "just relax" or "it will happen". Well what if it doesn't? That is all I can think. Thanks for the compassionate post! You have really touched me.

angie said...

Oh no. I just wrote you a novel and blogger spit it out.

I think this post was beautiful. So compassionate. I have a cousin that struggles with infertility and until I realized everything she went through to get pregnant ( 4 rounds of IVF, not to mention countless insemination) I simply had NO idea. When my twins were born she helped me almost every day (before she had a baby) and I often think how very difficult it must have been for her. Here I was fertile as anything, and she had to jump through the moon, hoping she had a chance.

I'm also happy to see that I made your blogroll and I hope that I'm a "keeper!" :)