Sunday, July 20, 2008

Children's Technological Speech

I have been listening to my children and have to laugh at how technology has become a part of their speech. Frequently I hear them playing and one will yell "PAUSE" ... this means they need to take a bathroom break or get a drink of water! Then this morning Caitlyn and Allyson were at the table working on a poster for a school project and I heard Caitlyn say, "Allyson, you will need to spell check that." I just had to laugh ... it is amazing how things have changed!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I can't imagine what our children will experience over their lifetime as technology continues to evolve, especially as it relates to communications. It's amazing and a tad frightening at the same time, but technology is such a part of our lives. I was reading an article the other day, though, discussing how the economic downturn is actually making the technology divide more difficult as it relates to socioeconomics. There are still a lot of households who are not connected, and these children are growing up with a distinct disadvantage. I wish we could even the playing field and put computers and Internet connections in everyone's hands.