Friday, June 20, 2008

Playing in the rain!

The other night a sudden down pour came through. The children were outside playing with the neighbor kids. When the rain hit they all came running in. Apparently the other children’s mom said they had to go in. My children wanted to know if they could go back out and play in the rain. I said “yes”, unless you hear thunder or see lightening … then you must come in. So they ran around playing in the rain and mud, having a great time.

When they came in and everyone was drying off and changing Ally asked, “Why do you let us play in the rain?” I said, “Did you have fun?” She said, “Yes” and I said, “Well, that is why!”

When I was a kid I loved playing in the rain. There is nothing like running through puddles and squishy mud in your toes and then the sudden chill of being soaked to the bone! Sometimes we forget how these little things can be so much fun. Who needs video games? A good rain storm and mud puddles is worth hours of fun and great memories!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I AGREE. We let kids get wet in a river, an ocean, a pool, the shower, etc., so why not the rain? I loved the rain when I was little and still love to hear it on the roof. My little guy was standing on the porch the other day in the rain, but decided he didn't want to get his hair wet so there he was...wearing a the dog's bowl for a hat.

Anna said...

Hi! Found your blog through your comments on my own blog! Thanks for visiting. I totally agree with the playing in the rain! I worked in a nursing home for several years and every time it rained me and one of the little ladies would go out and "play". She said it kept her young! So here's to playing in the rain. . .

T.T. said...

I cannot believe how grown up the kids are!!!

Leimomi said...

This is great info to know.