Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What? Where? Why?

Mommy: “Good Morning Rick, how did you sleep?”

Rick: “Where?”

Mommy: “In your bed.”

Rick: “Good!”

Mommy: “Let’s go down stairs.”

Rick: “Why?”

Mommy: “To start our day.”

Rick: “Where?”


Mommy: “Do you want breakfast?”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “Please do not hit your brother”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “Please do not pull the cats tail”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “Please do not throw food at the table”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy; “Let’s put our shoes on to go outside.”

Rick: “Where?”


Mommy: “Let’s play with the cars.”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “Do you want some water?”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “How about a snack”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “I’ll be right back, I have to use the bathroom.”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “Please do not take that away from your sister”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “Please do not yell your brother is sleeping”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “Are you watching the movie?”

Rick: “Where?”

Mommy: “On the TV.”

Rick: “Why?”


Mommy: “It is bed time”

Rick: “Why?”

Mommy: “Because mommy is tired from answering soooooo many questions today!”


So my precious two year old has entered a new stage of his life … the inquisitive stage. He follows everything I say with either “why?”, “what?” or “where?” and sometimes a combination of these! Rick never does anything half heartedly, it is all or nothing! This is just a quick glimpse of a few minutes of our day! Needless to say be the end of the day I am tired of explaining everything I do and/or say! I think I once said something about raising my children to question everything … oh how I am eating my words now!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I recently met a woman who has four-year-old triplet and she told me her head spun for a whole year as all three boys went through the "whys" together. My guy has been doing it for a year and I think it's no longer just a stage, I think he's really determined to ensure I lose my mind.

Jennifer said...

At three, we're still in the "why" phase - I'm so over answering the questions!

T.T. said...

Just yesterday I told David, "I am not answering any more "whys?". His response was, "what are whys?".

It never ends the questions just get harder. For example, "Why do people have skin?"; "What was here before the planets?"; and "Where did people come from?". Although, no questions is as "hard" as the 2,000th "why?".